Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cutest little chickie ever!


Hi everyone!

I have such a cute card to share with you today and another one of my Seed Packet Templates (see below) for you to download.  I really had fun making this card and decided to make this little chickie waving a get well flag.

The little chick is from the 2016 Sale-a-bration catalogue and it's free with a $60 (Cdn) order.  The stamp set is called Honeycomb Happiness and it's just adorable...love, love, love it!

I stamped the baby chick with Black Stazon on watercolour paper, then I painted him with Crushed Curry using my aqua painter.  I totally painted outside the lines (because I love to and I can!) and then  carefully cut him out. I did feel bad cutting off his feet but I gave him a little nest of slivered Crumb Cake that I made by cutting fine strips, then scrumpled them up, creating the perfect little nest.



I cut the pieces for the sentiment and outlined them with my black marker using the wide tip on it's side and the banner was cut using the little banner punch.  I added the black dots with the fine tip of the same black marker. The flag pole is a narrow strip of the yellow cardstock outlined in black as well.

The sentiment is from the Greatest Greetings stamp set and I altered my stamp a bit, I can't think of when I would say 'get well sooner' so I carefully cut off the last two letters so my stamp now says 'get well soon' which works better for me!  I love the font in this greeting set...it just looks so cheerful!

Isn't this such a cute little baby chick!  Here's a close up of him, I coloured his beak with Tangerine Tango marker and added a little black to his eyes.  I just can't get enough of this little guy!
   

  I hope you like today's card!

Here's my latest Seed Package for you, just click on the image below and save it to your computer and print out.  I hope you have fun with it!



Thanks so much for stopping by to share your time with me!

Hugs ~ Judy

PS...The name 'LILYBEAN & MARSHALL' on the seed packet is for my sweet little (well she's not so little anymore!) cat, LilyBean...she's my soft, gentle, adorable little sweetie!

I'll be back with another share soon!  xoxo


8 comments: