Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vancouver Regionals

This past weekend I went to my very first Stampin'Up! Regionals and I had such a good time!  We got a free stamp set called 'Nature's Walk' in our package as well as some great Make and Take projects.  It was an amazing day, meeting new friends and getting to know each other better.  We had some fabulous demonstrations, learned lots of new things and had a chance to share swaps with each other. 

Here's a picture of my swaps...I got some really great swaps in return.  The technique I used on my cards is from Kathy in Australia....she came up with this technique that she calls Grid Technique.  I absolutely fell in love with it.  Check out her blog here where she has an easy tutorial on how to do this as well as some awesome cards!  Thanks so much for sharing Kathy!  Love, love, love it!!



Here's a close up of my swaps.  I used Marina Mist/Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzaz/Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake/Very Vanilla.

I hope you try out this fun technique!  It's so much fun and gives such a lovely soft vintagy look. Thanks for stopping by to share your time with me!

Judy

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful cards- and I visit the technique link, it's so great and I will try it. Thanks for sharing such a great idea, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collage card - the colours are lovely and the ribbon treatment is just fantastic! Glad you had a great time at regionals!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your technique....beautiful cards.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards. Will check out the tutorial. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are really gorgeous Judy.
    I'm so glad that you liked my tutorial and grid technique :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete