Friday, February 4, 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Happy New Year!  Today marks the start of Chinese New Year. {g}

February 3rd is the start of the year of the rabbit..this year is forecast to be a quieter year to enjoy after the the outgoing year of the Tiger.  There's lots of information online about the fascinating cycles of the Chinese Zodiac...check it out and find out what your sign is!

This card was actually an ATC (Artist Trading Card) that I made a few years ago.  I still have a collection of the cards I made and was flipping through them the other day and found this one and it was perfect for Chinese New Years. 

I made it into a regular sized card, the colour red symbolizes good luck, and the gold on the card symbolizes wealth and happiness.  I have no idea what the little coin stamp says, but I hope it says ... I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year whatever your culture is!

The background set is a retired Stampin'Up! set...I think it was called Bamboo and I don't know where I got the little coin stamp, but I gold embossed it and cut it out.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment