Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cranberry Hooteycreek Cookies!

What a funny name for a yumalicious cookie!  Give them a try...I just know you'll love them and they'll become one of your favourite things too {g}

I made these Cookies for my 2 workshops this month and they are so yummy! I promised everyone that I would put the recipe on my blog ...what could be better than a mix of cranberries and white chocolate...oh yummm!

I found this recipe when I was looking for gifts in a jar at Christmas, but instead of putting the mix in a jar, I layered it in a clear large cone bags and tied it up with ribbon...so pretty and easy to make. 

They were so good, that I doubled that recipe and found that it makes approx 4 1/2 dozen cookies...here you go.  Let me know if you love them too!

Cranberry Hootycreeks

1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Beat together butter, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.  Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.  Drop by spoonfuls (then flatten slightly with your fingers), and bake 8 to 10 minutes until the edges start to brown. 

Cool on wire racks and store in an air tight container if you have any left....delish!!

In case you want to make the gifts in a jar or a cone bag the recipe and directions for the label can be found here at Allrecipes...happy baking!

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment