Friday, November 12, 2010

Merry & Bright

I saw this idea ages ago...and of course can't remember where!  It's a fairly simple card to make, I first made a template using the cardboard that comes in our Designer Paper.  I cut a rectangle using my Nestabilities and then taped it to my white layer with painters tape to keep it in place.  Then I sponged Old Olive all over the cut out of the template. 

Edited to add:  Thanks so much to Carol for jogging my memory as to where I saw this card...it was Julie Buhlers Blog!  Of course it was Julie's...I love her blog!! It's Paper Pleasing Ideas.  I still haven't found the direct link, got lost enjoying her blog and all of her amazing tutorials...if you haven't vistited Julie's site....you need to!  Lots of great ideas and pictures there...thanks Julie and thanks again Carol for pointing me in the right direction to give proper credit!

 
I stamped the Pine tree, from Lovely as a Tree over the space, stamping a couple of times, before reinking until I liked the effect.  Then I carefully removed the cardboard template and inked up the tree again and stamped it on the side.  I added a bow to the corner, a retired greeting (sorry I can't remember what set this is from!) and then added liquid embroidery to the tree and under the tree as well.

I adhered all the layers and then with my stylus, I added snow dots with the White Shimmer Paint to make snow.  It's a bit hard to see, if you doulble click the picture it should show a larger image!

Hope you like my latest Christmas card share!  Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me!
Hugs ~ Judy

1 comment:

  1. I remember this card -- it was by Julie Buhler, and was absolutely stunning!! Your version is just as stunning!

    ReplyDelete