Tuesday, March 2, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Treat Box

Hi everyone!  It's a bit early but Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I love St. Patrick's Day, I'm sure we all have a little Irish in us if we look back far enough in our family trees!  I have Irish ancestors and I have a picture of my great, great, grandparents that dates way back....way back to when nobody smiled when they were having their picture taken!  LOL!   They look a bit scary...goes to show you, smiling is always good!!

These little treat boxes were made with the Two Tags Die, so easy and so cute!  I cut 2 of the wider tags with my Big Shot and adhered the tags together on the bottoms, sponged with Close to Cocoa on all sides and tied with a ribbon knot. I finished it off with little gold coins tucked in the centre... three for good luck!

 
The gold coins are wrapped in gold tulle and tied with gold elastic cord.  Once I had them tied up I held the tulle together and cut it so it would be more flooofy....(that's not really a word...but it should be!)



Here's the side view, if you look carefully you can see the two bottoms attached. 


If you're wondering what the heck is in the background of most of my pictures, it's my binoculars!  I have them sitting on my Baker's Rack where I hold my kitchen dishes.  They were my grandmothers and my Dad told me she used to love to take them when her and my grandfather went to the theatre.  I love family treasures and they're really special when they have a story to go with them. 

The other thing you might see in the background of a lot of my picutes is my old brownie camera, that used to belong to my Auntie....love it!  Anyway, the lighting is usually good at this spot on my Bakers Rack to take pictures of my cards and things, so that's what you see in the backgrounds ....just in case you wanted to know!

What I used:

Cardstock:  Kraft and Emerald green shiny carstock from my cardstock stash
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamp Set: Vintage Vogue and sentiment from Vintage Lables (free SAB set)
Accessories: Two Tags Die, Green Satin Ribbon from my stash, Shamrock punch, Gold Tulle, SU retired gold elastic cord and Chocolate Gold Coins for the yummy factor!

May your troubles be less
And your blessings be more
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door

An Irish Blessing for you!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me ~ Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment