Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Amazing Butterflies

Hi everyone!

I can't believe how fast the time goes! I meant to post this a few days ago. {g}  This card uses one of my favourite techniques, creating your own background.   Don't you just love these butterflies?

For this card I masked the top left hand corner with a piece of torn copy paper, I stamped the En Francais background, and the flower image in the blank space, then I filled it with different colours of ink with my sponge.  The effect is so soft and pretty!  I hope you like it!

Edited to add: This card was inspired by the very talented Sandi MacIver.  Thanks Sandi for the inspiration!



What I used:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry and Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper
Ink: Pale Plum, Pretty in Pink, Crushed Curry (for sponging) Perfect Plum (Sentiment) Close to Cocoa for Background.
Stamp Sets: En Francais, Charming and Vintage Labels
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Butterfly Embosslits, Word Window Punch, Modern Punch, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Paint (for dots on centres of the Butterflies)

Thanks for stopping by
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment