Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day



Today is Remebrance Day, it's a day for us to honour our soldiers and wear our poppies with great respect and pride.  It's a day that is very important to me and my family.  Each year we watch the planes flying over our house, in perfect formation. The empty space representing the missing soldier and his plane always makes me cry.

I think of the soldiers that went to war so long ago, leaving their families and loved ones, enduring God knows what hardships....for us....to keep us free and safe.  I think of our soldiers now, fighting, caring and enduring....for us... to make the world a better place.

I wish our brave soldiers safety and peace. I am so proud of them.  Each time I hear of another soldier lost, I take a moment to remember, their life and their sacrifice. I think of their families and loved ones who, somehow .... have to cope without them.

I hope we will all  take the time today to remember the soldiers who fought and still fight so bravely for us and our freedoms.  May God protect them and keep them safe.

Remembering with love
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment