Monday, September 7, 2009

Family Favourite Cookies

Hi everyone!

At my Card Buffet in August I made these cookies and lots of you asked me for the recipe. It's an old Family Favourite, I hope they become your favourites too! I usually make them into Chocolate Chips because those are the most popular around here But you can subsitute the chocolate chips for 1/2 cup of peanut butter, or you can add spices and raisens to them, or M & M's...really the sky's the limit! I think that's how these got their name, they are easy and so tasty and well...absolute favourites! If you come up with something different to add and it's yummalicious, let me know!!

 
Posted by Picasa


Family Favourite Cookies

1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Shortening
3/4 cup Brown sugar
3/4 cup White sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tsp. Baking Soda in 1 tsp hot water
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4 cups Flour

Cream butters and sugars. (I always use Imperial Margarine squares instead of butter & shortening.) Add eggs, baking soda/hot water and vanilla. Stir in flour.
Bake @ 350 for 8 - 10 minutes on greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.

*For Chocolate Chips cookies add 1 cup chocolate chips(or more!)
*Same for Butterscotch Chips
*For Peanut Butter add 1/2 cup Peanut butter (chunky or smooth) and press with fork tines for decoration.

Hope you love them as much as we do! Enjoy!
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I've just found your blog - love it. I'm interested in trying your family favourite recipe, however, I live in Australia and we do not have shortening. Can you please suggest an alternative? Could I double the butter or would that be too much? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrice

    I couldn't seem to find your email, I actually use 1 cup margarine instead of the butter/shortening mixture and they always turn out! Hope this helps! My best girlfriend lives in Australia...south of Melbourne {g}

    Judy

    ReplyDelete